Labels

Friday, March 30, 2012

wrapping tissue paper yarn


 Inspired by a pin of newspaper yarn I saw on Pinterest I decided to try spinning some tissue paper yarn.  Not having any newspapers in the house I went with used gift tissue paper wrapping (yeah I actually save old gift wrap).  I cut the paper into 1" strips and used a 2 1/4 oz top-whorl spindle.  I think a heavier spindle would have been better, but that was the heaviest I had.  To start the yarn I twisted a small bit and taped it to form a loop and slipped the loop over the spindle's hook.  When joining I found it worked best to fold the end of the new piece in the end of the old piece of paper.  The print on the newspaper made that yarn look a bit more interesting then what I ended up with.  The post for the newspaper yarn can be found at: http://greenupgrader.com/2138/handspun-recycled-newspaper-yarn/

No comments:

Post a Comment