Labels

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

mod podge pendant

mod podge pendants
Supplies:  glass or acrylic disks (I used 1 3/16" dia. acrylic - just because I happened to have acrylic, if I were to buy supplies for this I would look for glass disks), a metal bail, a hole punch with a smaller diameter than the disk (mine was 1"), Mod Podge, E 6000 adhesive, decorative paper - the black/ red print is Japanese yuzen paper and the blue is scrapbook paper with an ink drawing, and a backing paper - I used a black mulberry paper

To make:  Cut a circle from the decorative paper.   Apply Mod Podge to the front of the paper and the back of the glass disk, press together smoothing down paper against the disk.  Let dry.  Apply more Mod Podge to the back of the disk, covering the paper and extending out the the edge of the disk and while still wet press down onto the backing paper.  Smooth the backing paper against the disk.  Let dry.  Trim the backing paper with scissors.  Glue the bail to the back of the pendant using the E6000 adhesive.  That's it - super easy :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll admit it - I don't know what a bail is:(
    Hi Kathy, it's Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha - sorry I meant to link it (I figured it might not be known by everyone). Not sure if I can link here but I'll try http://www.orientaltrading.com/pendant-bails-a2-68_45630.fltr

    ReplyDelete