Labels

Thursday, March 8, 2012

mini ribbon journal




A simple little book using the instructions from a Books by Hand bookbinding kit I had previously bought.
Supplies used :  2 laminate samples (1 3/4" x 2 5/8"), 1 yard ribbon, text or card-stock paper for the pages,  bookbinding thread, decorative paper for inside covers, old book pages, 2 eyelets, acrylic paint, stamping ink, Mod Podge and PVA glue.

For the covers I first covered both sides with old book pages using the Mod Podge.  After the glue dried I lightly brushed some acrylic paint over the covers, let that dry and then stamped a medallion image over the paint.  My  laminate samples had holes in them so I decided to put eyelets in the existing holes and thread ribbon through them.

I made 12 signatures with card-stock weight paper and sewed them together with the ribbon.  Using the PVA I glued the covers onto the bookblock, keeping the ribbon ends outside of the covers.  With more PVA I glued black mulberry paper inside each cover.




1 comment: