Labels

Friday, March 2, 2012

fabric buttons

I've had several packages of vintage "buttons to cover" for several years - finally covered some today.  After covering the buttons I added some stitching around the edges and connected 3 to make a pendant.  Having left my bottle of acrylic varnish sitting out I decided to use it to coat the pendant.

Supplies:  buttons to cover, pieces of fabric, thread,  metal nuts, jump rings and acrylic varnish
To make: Cover the buttons according to package directions (or this is a good tutorial).  I then hand stitched with gold thread around the edges of the buttons (I whip-stitched around twice, reversing direction the second time to make x's).  Attach the buttons to each other with more stitches.  To give the pendant weight I placed metal nut through of of the shanks of  top 2 buttons and attach a jump ring to each of the top shanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment