Labels

Saturday, March 3, 2012

origami carambola flowers

Using the  Video tutorial by Sara Adams I folded a few little paper flowers.  First time I've folded origami following a video.  I much prefer written instructions/diagrams, but I did eventually get it .   They're a little wonky looking but they are at least folded right (at least I think they are).   Paper weight on these is very important - too light and its hard to form the petals, too heavy and the petals don't fold out well.  I ended up using scrapbook paper, which works but the crease lines tend to break and show the white under the printed design.
carambola flowers

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the paper tip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I've seen "tant" Japanese origami paper as being specifically recommended for this if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! love this, and looking forward to more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks - glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete