Labels

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

container garden


My yard has been screaming for some attention for awhile now, today I finally listened.  The worst spot was right along the side of the house.  I should have taken a before picture, but I didn't.  How it looks now is much, much better - really.  I removed all the dead plants (only the lavender survived the extremely hot weather we had in July) and, since it seems to like the spot, I planted some more lavender plants.  I also bought 1 yarrow (Achillea millefolium) to try out in the location.
After adding some mulch I got out some planters to make a container garden in the remaining space.  Being so late in the season I was only able to find tomato & pepper plants.  I also planted some vegetable seeds even though I know it is really late in the season to be trying to grow most vegetables from seed.  The seeds I decided to try are basil, yellow summer squash, bush beans and kohlrabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment