Labels

Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY chain linked crochet flowers

My sister saw a scarf made of linked crochet flowers and wanted to know if I could make one.  I figured out how to make the flowers - they are super easy.   So easy I think I will be showing her how to make them so she can have the satisfaction of making her own scarf  :)

To make these I used a bulky weight yarn, a size 'I' crochet hook and 1 1/4" diameter plastic rings (I think the rings were originally used to hang curtains).

To make 1 petal cluster (each flower has a total of 5 clusters):
slip stitch through the plastic ring and chain 5 stitches; *YO 3 times, insert hook into ring and YO again; YO and draw through 2 loops on hook 3 times* (2 loops remaining on hook) repeat from * to*  2 mores times.  YO and drawn through all 4 loops on hook.  Chain 5 and slip stitch through the plastic ring (counts as beginning slip stitch for next petal).


After 5 clusters on plastic ring chain stitch until 4" long (about 15 stitches).  Do not break yarn, start next flower by making a petal cluster as described above.

materials
slip stitch through the plastic ring and chain 5 stitches
*YO 3 times
insert hook into ring and YO again
YO and draw through 2 loops on hook 3 times*
repeat from * to*  2 mores times
YO and drawn through all 4 loops on hook
Chain 5 and slip stitch through the plastic ring 
finished flower

No comments:

Post a Comment