Labels

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Navajo plying


 I finish spinning a group of mystery fibers, they all appear to be wool I'm just not sure what kinds.  Because of their unknown natures I decided to ply them using the Navajo technique.  Navajo plying uses just a single strand looped like a crochet chain to from a 3-ply yarn. Before I plied my handspun singles practiced on some commercially spun yarn.  Have to say the commercial stuff made it seem like it would be super simple.  It is a bit harder to ply like this with "lively" handspun yarn that wants to twist back upon itself.  I did manage to ply 2 of the singles tonight.  I think I might try rewinding the rest into neater balls to see if that makes it easier.  The first 2 I plied from singles that I simply slid off of the spindle.


No comments:

Post a Comment