Labels

Sunday, February 10, 2013

hot chocolate mix

A few years ago my Dad talked me into converting to a Keurig coffee machine.  My husband doesn't like coffee but he does love hot chocolate so I've been buying him those hot chocolate k-cups.  The cups are a) expensive b) tend to clog the machine if someone isn't careful to run hot water afterwards c) wastes hot water and d) make mediocre hot chocolate.  I'm not sure why but today it finally occurred to me that using a hot chocolate mix and using the machine for hot water to make the hot chocolate would be a better way to go.  Even better (ie - cheaper) would be to make the mix myself with ingredients that  I already had on hand.  Yep, definitely better - husband is happy with his new hot chocolate and I'm happy that it is cheaper & better tasting.

Hot Chocolate Mix
2 cups powdered milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered coffee creamer
1/2 cup baking cocoa

Mix all ingredients well.  To make, add 1/4 cup of mix into bottom of mug and pour 1 large cup of water over.  Stir well.

No comments:

Post a Comment