Labels

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

dryer balls



Tonight I made some felted dryer balls.  Adding these (about 6 per load) to the dryer when drying a load of clothes is supposed to replace dryer sheets and decrease drying time.   There are many ways to make these,  below are the steps I followed to make mine.  I used a skein of feltable wool yarn with miscellaneous wool scraps that I saved from knitting projects, spinning and unraveling thrift store sweaters.  To felt the balls I just wash and dry them a few times with the rest of my laundry.  When they seem felted enough I simply stop washing them and only add them to the dryer.

my wool scrap pile 
wool yarn being wrapped around a wad of wool scraps
with more wrapping
yarn wrapped until scraps are no longer visible and then end secured by running it through the ball numerous times
balls ready to be felted
a previously made dryer ball ready to be put to work

No comments:

Post a Comment